DIN 3869 Profile Rings
Profile Rings according to DIN 3869 are used as axially static soft seals in combination with threaded elements. Common applications include construction machinery, hydraulic presses, injection machines, fittings, hydraulic valves, and threaded tube connections in industry in general.
The special shape of Profile Rings enables them to be used in high-pressure applications, compensate for manufacturing tolerances, and provide reliable sealing action.
Materials, Use, and Capabilities
- Nitrile (Buna-N, NBR): Suitable in diverse environments, nitrile is chemically resistant to oils (mineral or hydraulic), greases, and pressure fluids in hydraulics of low flammability. Great for dynamic and static implementation in gas equipment. Nitrile Profile Rings come in BLACK.
- 85 Durometer Shore A. Temperature Range: -30 to 100 °C, or -22 to 212 °F.
- Viton (FKM): For more aggressive environments, FKM is chemically resistant to oils (mineral, hydraulic, synthetic, greases, and pressure fluids in hydraulics of low flammability. First-rate in its resistance to chemicals, weathering, and aging. Great for dynamic and static implementation in gas equipment. Viton Profile Rings come in GREEN.
- 80 Durometer Shore A. Temperature Range: -20 to 200 °C, or -4 to 392 °F.
- EPDM: Specialized in water applications, EPDM is resistant to hot water and steam, acids and chemicals, oils and greases, and polar solvents. EPDM Profile Rings come in PURPLE.
- 80 Durometer Shore A. Temperature Range: -45 to 150 °C, or -49 to 302 °F.